If you find that your business is in a situation where it's underperforming or having departmental difficulties that are not getting resolved, it's time to consider bringing in a fresh set of eyes to look at your dealership. It's important to evaluate what is and what isn't working, formulate a strategy and implement it.
BMA can help you through that process and get your business back on track and in the direction you want it to go. Some common issues and challenges we can help you with are:
- Financial analysis- Where are your margins by department and are they where they should be?
- Inventory- What your turns are and how that affects your orders and bookings. Knowing the point of "No returns"
- Staffing- Reduce turnover. Develop workable pay plans and get staff to understand and accept your vision and direction
- Parts & Accessories- Deal with obsolete P&A. Reduce shrinkage
- Service Dept- Determine and improve productivity. Getting caught up with warranty claims
- Administration- Getting P&L's in reasonable time. Managing payables and receivables. OEM programs optimized
- F&I Office- Increasing penetration rates and profit per deal. Working with Sales Dept. for proper handover.
- Marketing- Effective use of marketing budget. Improve social media presence. Effective web site and maintenance
For some, the idea of a consultant getting involved with their business can be unsettling. Thoughts of having someone else look "behind the scenes" and can you afford the service? For others, some pride is involved as getting help might imply weakness or realizing that you don't always have all the answers. The reality is, none of us has all the answers so we all can use some help from time to time and when financial strain is involved, how can you not invest in someone helping you stop the cash drain?
"Bruce was a huge help in better understanding OEM bookings and how to best use floorplan financing"
Derek Roth - President at Adventure Power Products
How It Works
While our consulting services can be tailored to meet your needs, we strongly believe that an in depth business evalution should be performed, on location at your business. The process involves:
- We require certain financial information prior to the dealership visit so that we can assess strengths, weaknesses and trends that allow us to focus on key areas that require the most attention.
- The dealership visit starts with a sit down meeting with you to further discuss your concerns and issues. We continue by observing all your departments and engage your staff when appropriate to give us a better understanding of what is going on.
- We then develop and present to you, our evaluation of your business that will include recommendations, suggestions and solutions. Any continued follow-up can be determined at that time
Once the evaluation is complete and you have received our suggestions, recommendations and solution options, we would be happy to arrange additional time to help you implement them. This could include ongoing periodic financial analysis, departmental follow up and consultation with you or if required, an extended dealership visit to facilitate a "hands on" implementation of agreed upon policies and procedures.
Please send us an email or give us a call to discuss any questions you may have. We're here to help and work with you.
The value for the dealer
- An honest, unbiased view of the entire dealership
- Learning or being made aware of other issues and concerns not known by the owner
- Options and recommendations to resolve outstanding issues and challenges
- The ability to obtain constructive consultation and assistance to get your business back on track to growth and profitability
- Our extensive experience allows us to understand how you do business and appreciate your challenges